Hello! We are online right now 16:19:30

The support team is online and will be able to answer your inquiries. Please stay calm, follow the rules and do not cross post. We'll attend to you as soon as we can.

Official support hours are from 8:30AM — 5:00PM Monday to Saturday (GMT +7)

JLex Comment: Cache LifeTime setting

AndySDH
Hello, I believe that at the moment when "Cache mode" is set to 'Yes', JLex used the cache time set in Global Configuration.

However, it would be great if you could override the default setting with a custom cache time.

Is it possible for you to add a Cache Lifetime setting to JLex comment?

Meaning that, IF "Cache mode" is set to 'Yes':
https://i.imgur.com/XFJzuGK.png
A new setting appears called "Cache Time", where you can enter the amount of minutes:

https://i.imgur.com/DEveY7U.png

I believe you can find an example here: https://gist.github.com/esedic/859b2f5b256d590f624cbb8913925257
(see $cache->setLifeTime)
I'm not 100% sure this is how it's done, probably you know better :D

Let me know, thanks!

18 replies

JLexArt
I will release it as beta version, so you can test it first ;).

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
COM_TOPIC_COMMENT_QUOTED_REMOVED
JLexArt
I'm still wating your language pack ;).

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@JLexArt is wrote at 2021-10-22 08:59:08
I will release it as beta version, so you can test it first ;). Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
AndySDH
Hey there, I will send you the language pack after the beta of this release, because you will add a new setting in this release I guess, as suggested above, so I want to wait until the new setting is added so I can send you an updated version.

Is the new beta of the cache ready to be tested?
@JLexArt is wrote at 2021-10-28 00:57:15
I'm still wating your language pack ;). Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
It's not ready. A customer reported a possible bug on this extension and I'm waiting for her to check it again.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@AndySDH is wrote at 2021-10-28 07:45:19
Hey there, I will send you the language pack after the beta of this release, because you will add a new setting in this release I guess, as suggested above, so I want to wait until the new setting is added so I can send you an updated version. Is the new beta of the cache ready to be tested?
AndySDH
In the meanwhile you can send me the beta so i can test the updated cache features and check those :)
@JLexArt is wrote at 2021-10-29 00:32:55
It's not ready. A customer reported a possible bug on this extension and I'm waiting for her to check it again. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
In this week, she will report this issue :D it not too long.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@AndySDH is wrote at 2021-10-29 07:15:41
In the meanwhile you can send me the beta so i can test the updated cache features and check those :)
JLexArt
@Andy 2.5.2beta just released. Please help me test it.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen,
@JLexArt is wrote at 2021-11-01 08:14:51
In this week, she will report this issue :D it not too long. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
AndySDH
Hey there,

Good job! I tested the new beta and the cache features work great now!

The cache time and the clearing of cache work correctly.

I only noticed one issue:

When "Clear cache on change" is set to "Yes", it doesn't work when using delete/unpublish/publish/feature from the administrator panel. It only works when you do those actions from the frontend. Something to note.

Apart from that, good job! The rest all works perfectly now!

I will send you the updated language files today in the other thread :)
@JLexArt is wrote at 2021-11-05 02:56:48
@Andy 2.5.2beta just released. Please help me test it. Best regards, Victor Nguyen,
Reply to

Sign in to your account

Use your social accounts to sign in