Hello! We are online right now 15:24:06

The support team is online and will be able to answer your inquiries. Please stay calm, follow the rules and do not cross post. We'll attend to you as soon as we can.

Official support hours are from 8:30AM — 5:00PM Monday to Saturday (GMT +7)

JLex Comment Module Bugs (Pagination and Link to Comment)

Outbreaker
Hi,
I found 2 bugs in the JLex Comment Module:
1. When the Pagination option is enabled and someone clicks on a page then the site will scrol up to the top of the page and then the user has to scroll again down to the Module. :(
2. The module is ignoring the jLex Comment setting "Link to Comment (Fragment / Query String)". :ermm:

22 replies

JLexArt
I think adding the fragment to URL is the best way. The Joomla module does not support ajax method so it cannot add pagination as its component.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@Outbreaker is wrote at 2023-03-07 10:49:08
True, loading 100's of comments at once it's not the best option. But jLex has already have a function build-in to load the comments with pages. Would it not be possible to move this function also into the module itself? :cheerful:
Outbreaker
True, loading 100's of comments at once it's not the best option.
But jLex has already have a function build-in to load the comments with pages. Would it not be possible to move this function also into the module itself? :cheerful:
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-03-07 03:04:24
They load the whole content and use javascript for pagination. This was not the intention when I added this feature. If the site has hundreds of comments, I can't use this method. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
They load the whole content and use javascript for pagination. This was not the intention when I added this feature.
If the site has hundreds of comments, I can't use this method.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@Outbreaker is wrote at 2023-03-06 10:00:31
Below is a live demo on how they did it on thier module in 2009. But i'm think there are many other ways to do it in 2023. :D http://testsite.zone94.com/2/
Outbreaker
Below is a live demo on how they did it on thier module in 2009. But i'm think there are many other ways to do it in 2023. :D
http://testsite.zone94.com/2/
It's a bit strange that I cannot find any <a> tag in the module that you sent. I think it comes from the main extension or they may use ajax 8-).

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@Outbreaker is wrote at 2023-03-04 08:05:34
I don't think there will be a SEO conflict by setting the module default comment prefix to "comment". Better than to have some weird paging function. :silly: But all in all the paging option is not really usable when it always scrolls up. JoomGallery has done this with jQuery on it's module. ;)
Outbreaker
I don't think there will be a SEO conflict by setting the module default comment prefix to "comment". Better than to have some weird paging function. :silly:

But all in all the paging option is not really usable when it always scrolls up.
JoomGallery has done this with jQuery on it's module. ;)
ZIP joomimages-3.5.0.zip 101.01 K
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-03-04 00:48:17
All parameters I leave default according to Joomla. I'm not sure if this is good for SEO? [i]1. Adding a Max Paging Buttons option to show the paging like this [1 2 3 ... 10] when the option is set to 3. This option could also be added to the jLext Comment itself, it dose it by default with 4,[/i] => I cannot interfere with it. It is using Joomla's default pagination. Only the template override can change it, but it also changes the entire website. [i]2. A way to fix the auto scroll up to the top when klicking on a comment module page. A long time ago i saw that JComments did this with JavaScript to avoid this problem.[/i] => I see what you mean but I still haven't found a way to solve it. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
All parameters I leave default according to Joomla. I'm not sure if this is good for SEO?

1. Adding a Max Paging Buttons option to show the paging like this [1 2 3 ... 10] when the option is set to 3. This option could also be added to the jLext Comment itself, it dose it by default with 4,
=> I cannot interfere with it. It is using Joomla's default pagination. Only the template override can change it, but it also changes the entire website.

2. A way to fix the auto scroll up to the top when klicking on a comment module page. A long time ago i saw that JComments did this with JavaScript to avoid this problem.
=> I see what you mean but I still haven't found a way to solve it.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@Outbreaker is wrote at 2023-03-03 05:09:53
Ah now it works. :cheerful: It would be very good to enter "comment" as a default prefix because otherwise is to technical and users will never figure this out and simply think is bugged and give up. But here are still 2 important thing to add: 1. Adding a Max Paging Buttons option to show the paging like this [1 2 [b]3[/b] ... 10] when the option is set to 3. This option could also be added to the jLext Comment itself, it dose it by default with 4, 2. A way to fix the auto scroll up to the top when klicking on a comment module page. A long time ago i saw that JComments did this with JavaScript to avoid this problem.
Outbreaker
Ah now it works. :cheerful: It would be very good to enter "comment" as a default prefix because otherwise is to technical and users will never figure this out and simply think is bugged and give up.

But here are still 2 important thing to add:

1. Adding a Max Paging Buttons option to show the paging like this [1 2 3 ... 10] when the option is set to 3. This option could also be added to the jLext Comment itself, it dose it by default with 4,
2. A way to fix the auto scroll up to the top when klicking on a comment module page. A long time ago i saw that JComments did this with JavaScript to avoid this problem.
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-03-03 01:16:24
Ah,... In case, you need to use "Pagination Prefix" field, example: "start". It will not affect to joomla blog. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
JLexArt
Ah,... In case, you need to use "Pagination Prefix" field, example: "start". It will not affect to joomla blog.

Best regards,
Victor Nguyen.
@Outbreaker is wrote at 2023-03-02 12:15:00
The link part "/?start=X" is being use by Joomla to go to the next Blog page and the Module is using the same link structure.
Outbreaker
The link part "/?start=X" is being use by Joomla to go to the next Blog page and the Module is using the same link structure.
@JLexArt is wrote at 2023-03-02 01:03:07
Strangely, the site should actually reload the requested page's comments. How can I check them? I have checked at the home page, download page but everything is working properly. Best regards, Victor Nguyen.
Reply to

Sign in to your account

Use your social accounts to sign in