Before we begin, ensure that you have met the System Requirements in order for JLex Map to operate correctly. You may find the most basic requirements for JLex Map below:
Every information related to PHP & MySQL is presented on Joomla’s page, click here to see details
JLex Helpful runs on PHP and it requires PHP to exist on the site.
- 5.3+ and above.
Minimum version: 5.3.x
Joomla! Article, K2 and Virtuemart.
Checking System Requirements
You may review these requirements from the management system: System → System Information → PHP Settings
You can also create a very simple PHP script and include the codes below in your php file.
<?php // This is a very simple method to load up php's settings. phpinfo(); ?>
Recommended Hosting Providers
We have ran a couple of tests on these hosting providers and we recommend them because we've ran a couple of tests on them and they seem to be pretty good at it. (At your own risk)
- SiteGround - Optimized to run on Joomla! sites.
- Rackspace - Pretty good support and fast.
- Go to Map JLex page and download latest version of extension.
- Access to Extension manager ⇒ Select Install tab
- Choose file that you downloaded and install it.
- Joomla! CMS will notify installation result. Make sure installed successfully.
Create a marker
Click to Address tab and add one or more marker:
- Load jQuery lib: Add jQuery to DOM (You shouldn't select Yes if using Joomla 3).
- Map type: Hibrid/Roadmap/Satellite/Terrain.
- Disable control UI: Yes/No.
- Scroll wheel event: Turn on/off zoom event when wheel mouse.
- Zoom level: Default level is 8
- Zoom control: Yes/No
- Zoom control positon X: Left/Center/Right
- Zoom control positon Y: Top/Middle/Bottom
- Zoom control style: Default/large/small
- Marker animation: Drop/Bounce
- URL icon: URL icon that replace default pin icon of Google Map
- InfoWindow width: Width of box information (title,description...).
- Logo width: width of logo in InfoWindow
- Show list address: Yes/No
- Map width/height: 100%/300px