Before we begin, ensure that you have met the System Requirements in order for Gallery Anywhere to operate correctly. You may find the most basic requirements for Gallery Anywhere below:
Every information related to PHP & MySQL is presented on Joomla’s page, click here to see details
JLex Helpful runs on PHP and it requires PHP to exist on the site.
- 5.3+ and above.
- GD Library. In order to manipulate images that are uploaded on the site.
Minimum version: 5.3.x
Checking System Requirements
You may review these requirements from the management system: System → System Information → PHP Settings
You can also create a very simple PHP script and include the codes below in your php file.
<?php // This is a very simple method to load up php's settings. phpinfo(); ?>
Recommended Hosting Providers
We have ran a couple of tests on these hosting providers and we recommend them because we've ran a couple of tests on them and they seem to be pretty good at it. (At your own risk)
- SiteGround - Optimized to run on Joomla! sites.
- Rackspace - Pretty good support and fast.
Log in to your file manager and download the newest version. The follow the link Extensions → Extension manager → Select file & install
After successfully installing or updating, you can access Plugin Manager > System > System Gallery Anywhere to set the functions.
- Key: A secret code used for preventing people from using this plugin.
- API key: Originate in your personal page on JLexArt, used for downloading our newest Gallery Builders.
- Model mode: Choose Yes in the case of intending to use this plugin under Model layout (Recommendation: No)
After sufficiently setting of the functions, activate the plugin (Status → Enable) to use. You will see a button at the right bottom of your screen, of course you can move this button anywhere.
Double click on said button to start. A new window will display as followings:
First, you need to check your system status by clicking on System required button. Please make sure that every function is right.
- Choose New or Open file in the case of intending to edit an existed Gallery. (Default: New).
- Choose the Gallery Builder you like, with each of Builder, the system will load its particular functions. Vimeo, Youtube or Iframe or other services will be used only as being supported by the builder.
- Add photos, folders, videos (referred as the objects)… to the Builder; for folders, the plugin will automatically search for every photo in it (excluding sub-folders). Besides, you may also use File Manager for inserting photos in such a faster way. File manager supports most of basic features such as: Upload, delete, edit photos, create folders …
- For each object, you may add other information such as Title, detailed description, or link of avatars. Click on symbol to perform.
- You may change the objects' location by clicking on + symbol and drag/drop
- Picasa/Flickr: For each Gallery, you can use the retrievements from Picasa/Flickr in such an unlimited way. For Picas, the plugin supports 3 methods (Query, User, Album), Flickr supports 7 ones (Query, User, Tags, Tag ID, Gallery ID, Group search, Group). Each retrievement will lead to at most 30 or more (depending on your settings).
- Install the functions for the Builder, Save and paste the resulted code into where you want to insert the Gallery.
Every action on Front-end are not different from Back-end much, just only note the feature of avatar creating (which is applied on the photos stored on your server). First, you need to login as an administrator. Behind each Gallery, you will see 3 buttons:
- Reset all: Create avatars for every photo
- Only new photo: Create avatars for new photos only.
- Only exist photo: Replace avatars for the photos created before.